Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lilliput Review Issue #167

Lilliput Reviews Issue #167 speaks often of pines and the flights of various birds such as sparrows and egrets. I am always intrigued how Don Wentworth is able to put subtle themes in each issue and I am happy to share some precious gems with you:


February

The dark elms are cloaked
in bloodless vines, thin men
pulling out their hearts
on long, raveling string.
O, to be like them.
To be like them.

Hannah Craig, Pittsburgh, PA

All I can say is: Isn’t that a beautiful description?



The Nick of Time

I was lost
and this poem
found me.

Now we’re
lost together.
What a relief.

Jim Tolan, Brooklyn, NY

This is another poem that says it all—about poetry!




flowing through a chain link fence a flock of sparrows

Robbie Gamble, Jamaica Plain, MA

--Another beautiful description.

This is just a small sample of the wonderful poems in this issue and I hope you enjoyed them. As some of you may know, I am partial to poems that say what they mean to say in a clever, funny, and/or beautiful way. Issue #167 includes these kinds of poems and I hope you’ll spring at the chance to nab Issue #167 at the Lilliput Review for yourself, after all, it’s merely $1.00. Also, don’t forget to visit Issa's Untidy Hut, the Lilliput Review Blog, for all things poetic and excerpts from past issues.

Thanks always for reading! Please click in tomorrow for more Poems Found by Poet Hound…

No comments: