Friday, April 25, 2008

Poetry Tips: I talk of Dreams...

Poems about dreams can be interesting to read and fun to write. If you are so lucky as to have a Dream Dictionary on hand, you can go even further in writing a poem about a dream you’ve had because you can look up the hidden meaning and try to include it in some way. To write about dreams you can take several ways, one could be free-form thinking where images from your dreams are written line by line as they come to you. Or you can take a dream you’ve had and turn it into a story-line. You can also write a poem as though you have a dream for the future, much like many great speeches. For example, I have lots of dreams about caves, and according to my Dream Dictionary it a meeting with death and rebirth. I just may try writing a poem about my cave dreams and I challenge you to write poems about your own dreams. If you’re really motivated, keep a Dream Journal and then you’ll have plenty of material for poems.
Good luck and may the muse be with you!

Please stop by on Monday for another featured site…

No comments: