Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dorothy Parker

Ah yes, Dorothy Parker. Not only is she well known, but I seem to encounter more and more women with her name. I often wonder if they get teased for having her name and whether any of them are poets, too. Dorothy Rothschild was born August 22nd, 1893. Her mother died young and Dorothy didn’t have a good relationship with her father and stepmother. Despite all of this, she became well known as a result of her editorial position at Vogue and then moved on to Vanity Fair. She married Edwin Parker whom she met at the Algonquin Round Table, the famous literary circle. Dorothy is best known for her poems, and published plays as well. Dorothy passed away on June 7th, 1967.

http://poetryfoundation.org/archive/poem.html?id=174097


Thanks for stopping in, tomorrow I will feature links to poetry I enjoy rather than poems I have written. See you tomorrow…

No comments: