Even though you can submit on-line using their website you can also submit by mail so I’ve copy-and-pasted their guidelines:
• Address your submission to Fiction Editor, Poetry Editor, or Nonfiction Editor. Translations and essays are welcomed.
• Send no more than one story, one essay, or five poems at a time. We have no word limits, but generally the longer a piece is, the better it needs to be to justify taking up so much space in the magazine. We will consider novel excerpts provided that they are cohesive enough to stand alone.
• Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope (SASE) if you would like us to return your submission. Envelopes that are too small or have insufficient postage for a manuscript’s return will get our response, but the manuscript will be recycled. If you do not require the return of your manuscript and would like to be notified by email, please indicate clearly an email address where we can contact you (and skip the SASE).
• Familiarize yourself with AGNI by ordering a recent print issue or by perusing the work that appears online. This site includes selected pieces from the latest print AGNIs (e.g., 65 and 66), current web-only work, and archived fiction, poetry, and essays from both AGNI and AGNI Online.
• WE DO NOT READ SUBMISSIONS SENT BY EMAIL; please submit online or send your manuscript to the mailing address below.
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable and encouraged, but please notify us immediately if the work we are considering has been accepted elsewhere.
• Manuscripts mailed between June 1st and August 31st will be RETURNED UNREAD, provided sufficient postage is included. These dates do not apply to subscribers, whose mailed submissions the editors will read year-round.
• While we endeavor to deal with each submission quickly and fairly, we cannot, due to the overwhelming number of submissions, accept responsibility for your manuscript. Do not send us your only copy.
WHERE to send:
Manuscripts should be addressed to the Fiction Editor, Poetry Editor, or Nonfiction Editor at:
236 Bay State Road
Boston, MA 02215
Please also visit their website for more details:
Good luck to all who submit, please drop by tomorrow for more Poetry Tips…