Friday, July 10, 2009

Poetry Tips: Title Up At The Used Book Store

I recently went into a used book store and found a plethora of bizarre and fabulous titles such as “How To Become A Virgin” and a very large book titled “A Short History of Opera” and it inspired me to create poems based off these finds. I am passing the idea on to you of going to a used book-store and finding titles that inspire you to write poems or combine titles to create a poem. Have fun and feel free to share!

Thanks for stopping by, please stop by next Monday…

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I have a similar idea. Go to a museum, browse the artwork and write poems about the art, or about the experience or better yet about the people viewing the art. So many ways to create a poem based on a trip to a museum!

Poet Hound said...

Ooo, that's a good one, too, and college museums are often very inexpensive, too!

Tracy Zavaleta said...

I am part of a writers group on cafemom. I wonder if it would be okay to share the link of your blog within the group?