Friday, March 27, 2009

Poetry Tips: Prepare for National Poetry Month

April is National Poetry Month and lots of sites will be including special features, including myself, but what about you? What can you do to bring poetry to more people?
For myself, I’ll be posting poems at work in unexpected but easily accessed places for people to stumble onto. I’ll also be posting links to my blog on my Facebook page (Poet Hound itself doesn’t have a Facebook page but it’s on my personal page). I have other plans as well but you’ll just have to wait and see.

If you are looking for suggestions you can always join in the write-a-poem-a-day challenge as some blogs and sites challenge, post links to your favorite poems on your own web-sites, write short poems with sidewalk chalk on sidewalks and on not-so-busy streets. The possibilities are endless. If you have a unique idea please feel free to share it in the comments section to inspire others.

Thanks for dropping in, please stop by on Monday for another featured site…

No comments: