Friday, February 22, 2008

Poetry Tips: Dare to Spread Out

I’ll be the first to admit that I am not good at this above tip and that is to take your poem all over the page. You’ve seen those poets who are able to move lines way back and forth across the page, or create descending ladders of words that form a poem. So often we either use the typical “boring” left-justification setting, or maybe we’ll be a little more creative and use “centered” justification. Why not break out of the mold completely and just take a poem all over the place? You can even try it with an existing poem you have, just whip it all over the page and see what happens. The few poems I’ve tried this method with were a tad too short for the way I wanted it to turn out, but I’m working on it. I dare you to try it, too!

Please don’t forget my post on February 15th requesting answers to five questions to be utilized as poetry tips in the future!

May the muse be with you during your writing and all creative endeavors, I will see you tomorrow for another featured poetry blog…

No comments: